What You Need:
- Plain epsom salts (amount depends on how much you want to make)
- Decorative jars or bottle with lids (I used mason jars)
- A large, airtight, sealable container that has not been, nor ever will be used for food (large lock & lock containers are great)
- Liquid food coloring (optional)
- Essential oil, or eau de parfum (perfume)
- Decorations for the jars (optional)
What You Do:
- I like to measure out my epsom salts by filling the jars I intend to use to hold the salts then pour them out into the large locking container
- Add a few drops of food coloring to make the color you would like for your salts (more for more salts, less for less salts, you can add more later if you decide the salts need more after mixing)
- Add a few drops of perfume or essential oil (more for more salts, less for less salts, you can add more later if you decide the salts need more after mixing)
- Seal the container and shake until salts are well blended (this is why I love food coloring, it's a great indicator of how well the salts are mixed)
- Open the container, if you wish add more color or scent and repeat step 4 until you are satisfied with both color and scent. If either is too strong, add more salts and repeat step 4.
- Pour into decorative jars, seal, and use or gift.